Life as a single Mother, raising two children, running a business, and dipping my toe into the raging dating river is enough to put you in a stark white room. However, I want to hit the proverbial jackpot...well adjusted kids, successful career, peaceful life, loving relationships, and a pre-pregnancy body .... :D

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

School Uniforms and the Stepford Syndrome

More and more school districts are switching over to school uniforms. Navy blue or khaki pants, skirts, jumpers, or shorts and solid colored polos or white button up tops. Although I am a fan of uniforms, I sympathize with the kids who aren't diggin' it. My 7 year old daughter being one of them. She groaned when she found out that her new school has a uniform policy. I feel her pain.

Who wants to look like everybody else? How are kids supposed to embrace and proclaim their individuality? You've seen them. The uniformed students, looking like Stepford offspring, all lined up. Just try to quickly pick out your own child in a sea of Stepford children.




What's a Mom to do? Identify the loopholes, of course! There are a few options. Girls can kick it up a notch and show their personality with their hair accessories and their socks. Many uniform policies do not have a sock or hair accessory stipulation. It may be a bit more challenging for a boy.

I think the sock and hair flexibility has satisfied my little one.....for now. I'm looking forward to catching a glimpse of her fabulous socks and tights in the sea of Stepfords.

 


Free Shipping on orders over $25 at LittleMissMatched. Use code LMMFSA from 8/23 - 8/30.

Flat Shipping Rates at LittleMissMatched

*Note: Since writing this post, it looks as if I will be homeschooling my daughter again. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Purses from BagInc starting at $29! Click Here!
Twitter Bird Gadget